Are you in need of a pair of tactical earplugs? Are your current earplugs giving you a really hard time? Then you really need to check out our review of the Peltor TEP 100 tactical earplugs (Amazon link).
.These heavy-duty tactical earplugs help to protect your hearing capability and also improve auditory environmental awareness. In challenging environments where communication becomes difficult, you can count on these earplugs to bail you out.
With state-of-the-art and level-dependent hearing protection technology, 3M’s tactical earplugs are compact, lightweight, and a perfect companion for your hunting and shooting expeditions.
The 3M’s Peltor TEP 100 Features
- Operation with only one button
- Designed to increase comfort and soften contact zone
- Microphone port to minimize noise of the wind
- Charging status LED
- Earplug clips
- Micro B USB charging port
- Sealing ring
- Check out the product page on Amazon for more features
- Microphone type: Omni-directional
- Earpiece battery type: Lithium ion
- Case battery type: 3 AA alkaline batteries
- Case material: Glass filled polyetherimide
- Case keypad: One button operation
- Product dimensions: 4.4 x 2.2 x 6.8 inches
- Item weight of 8.16 ounces
- Shipping weight of 8.2 ounces
- Lowest temperature range: 0 degrees Fahrenheit
- Highest temperature range: 122 degrees Fahrenheit
- Noise reduction up to 23 dB
The sound level-dependent technology helps to provide hearing protection against loud noise. By quickly switching to amplifying low sounds, it helps to block out loud noise and improve communication. It also eliminates the need to manually change the gear or switch between different modes.
These pair of tactical earplugs are compatible with almost any Personal Protective Equipment. This includes hardhats, helmets, eyewear, face shields, and welding hoods.
The best part about the Pelter TEP 100 is that it provides the user with an immense amount of comfort. And we have realized it pretty quickly white testing it. The lightweight and small design helps in improving overall comfort and user experience. It is even considered to be a much better alternative than ear cup protection devices.
Things to Know When Using Peltor TEP 100
Let’s briefly talk on how to use these tactical earplugs. And just to make it clear, it is not difficult at all. At the end of an ear cup, you will find a power button which will switch on the microphone. By turning this on, it becomes quite useful for group setting when there are a lot of people involved. This is because it allows for easy conversation without causing any kind of damage to the ears.
Then, if you press the power button a second time, then the earplugs go into another setting. This allows the ambient noises to take center stage. This feature is quite useful for hunting adventures as it allows surrounding noises to be heard in an amplified level. These earplugs need 3 AA batteries which only requires 90 minutes to charge. This seems to be quite a small time as you will be able to use it for nine hours at a stretch.
The storage casing is made out of strong and hard composite with a tight latch. This is what makes it so durable. The best part is that this storage case doubles up as a charging port as well. So when you insert the batteries, the different light settings will be able to tell you the current condition of the batteries. Green light indicates that the batteries are charging. On the other hand, red light indicates that the batteries need recharging.
- .Storage case which doubles up as a charging port
- Optional earplug cord which also doubles up as attachment for earplug for added security
Peltor TEP-100: The Pros & Cons
- Ear tips come in different sizes to suit different age levels and preferences
- Cushy and rubbery ear tips which make for easy cleaning
- Extremely comfortable and durable ear tips
- An extremely efficient pair of ear plugs as it will allow sounds to be heard even when it is not turned on
- Beneficial for group setting
- Rubber ring gasket which is both water and dust-resistant
- Retention cord can be stored inside the storage case
- Considered to be slightly expensive than the other tactical earplugs (Amazon offers a pretty good deal here)
- Needs better protection from the wind
- Does not work quite as well in hunting applications
Peltor TEP 100 Review: Our Final thoughts
So now it brings us to the end of our Peltor TEP 100 review. After going through all the elements and upon conducting a test run, we have come to the conclusion that it is indeed a great pair of tactical earplugs. They work great indoors as well as in hot weather training as it did not make our heads sweat. The option of having two settings of volume was also a great feature.