.If you are into range shooting and are in search of a new range of shooting ear cuffs, then you should definitely give our Peltor Tactical 100 review a read.
The latest offering from 3M, the Peltor tactical 100 has definitely learned a few lessons from its previous counterparts. With enhanced comfort features, improved performance, and greater functionality, these are a pair of hearing protectors for shooting that you need to look out for.
In addition, with the trademark 3M technology which helps to subdue gunshot noise which is harmful, it ensures that you have an enjoyable experience when you go out for your shooting practice. The Adaptive Frequency response helps to reduce unwanted noise so that you will be able to hear instructions more clearly. Let’s see what the features are, shall we?
Peltor Tactical 100 Review: All Features at a Glance
- .Allows active noise reduction up to 22 dB
- Re-engineered headband for improved comfort and fit
- Low profile cups for shotgun and rifle use
- Durable recessed microphones for reducing noise of the winds
- Auto shut-off for up to two hours
- Battery door with tether which allows for easy access
- See a full list of features check out the product page on Amazon
- 2 AAA batteries are required
- Product dimensions: 4.6 x 7 x 11.4 inches
- Item weight of 1.2 pounds
- Color: Black
- Shipping weight of 1 pounds
- Style: Electronic
- Bonus: 5 mm auxillary cable is included in the box
Things to Know When Using Peltor Tactical 100 For The First Time
The Peltor tactical 100 has been designed in a manner so that it is extremely easy to use once you have read the instructions in the instructions booklet (yes, we know, you won’t read it – who reads the manual?!). So just in case we’ll let you know few things you might find helpful.
On the right ear cuff, you will easily spot the on/off and volume controls. It is quite easy to identify because of the distinct clicking sounds it makes. If you turn it towards you, it will increase the volume. And turning it away from you will result in the volume being decreased.
To open the left ear cuff, a bit of effort will be required from your thumb. Once you open the tethered door, you will find the area where the two AAA batteries will be inserted. In addition, the headset is absolutely adjustable. All you have to do is pull it outwards if you want to increase the range. Lastly, the rails can also be used for increasing the headband. Below the right ear cup, you will find the 3.5 mm auxillary cable. Even though a new feature, it really does put this device well ahead of its competitors.
The fact that it has one volume control knob for both the ear cups makes it a very comfortable device to use. This is because you will not require adjustments from time to time for each of the ear cups. On the entire edge of the headband, you will be able to find texturing. This, in our opinion, is a very smart feature as it will give enhanced grip and also prevent slipping.
Peltor Tactical 100: The Pros & Cons
- Can last up to 200 hours
- Audio mixing which allows listening to ambient sounds as well as input device
- Comfortable ear cushions for tight seal
- Foldable for protection and storage
- Far superior than most other noise protection devices
- Ample amount of padding provided all along the headband
- Better quality of air pads than the previous ear cuffs
- Texturing to prevent slip and also provide a better grip
- Microphone ports are positioned forward which gives a point of reference
- Additional instructions engraved on the inside of the headset
- One volume control knob for both ear cups
- No worry about adjusting both the sides
- Clear instructions outlined in the instruction booklet which makes for easy use
- The batteries are not included (but you can get some here; the Peltor earmuffs are available here)
- Not waterproof (not a big deal but it’s always good to know such things beforehand)
- Brass band covered with thin pieces of leather which could be better quality.
Peltor Tactical 100 Review: Our Final thoughts
Comfort, the ease of use and effectiveness of the noise reduction – these are three major things you’d expect from the premium quality earmuffs. Well, we can confidently say that Peltor Tactical 100 electronic ear muffs meet all three criterias.
.As soon as we put the Peltor Tactical 100 on, we found it so comfortable and did not require any extra adjustments on our parts for putting it on our ears. With the soft pads sealing greatly, the Tactical 100 provides excellent noise reduction. In this way, you will be able to carry out your range shooting practice without any additional hassle.
The muffs provide more amplification than the other devices which makes conversation much more convenient. The best part is that it will allow you to hear all the critical noises without getting your ears rung with unnecessary sounds. For such a good price, it’s a must have if you’re looking for a quality product that won’t cost a fortune.